This is a very exciting week for the CrossFit World. The top CrossFit athletes have been selected and it’s time for our “Olympics”! This is the time in which the top CrossFitters of the world come and compete at a shot for the title of “Fittest Man on Earth” and “Fittest Woman on Earth”. These competitors have made it through the Open (which we all participated in), Regionals, and now are on their way to the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. This upcoming weekend, we will be able to watch some amazing feats of strength, endurance, and heart!
Which are your favorite athletes?! Who do you think we should be on the lookout for?
Here’s an excellent article on the Top 5 Women to Watch at the 2013 Reerbok CossFit Games. How do you feel about them? Do you agree or disagree? (tomorrow we will be discussing the men… so don’t freak out on me, guys!)
1. Camille Leblanc-Bazinet (Canada): This will be Camille’s fourth Games. While short in stature, this former gymnast can lift more weight than most men. Her CrossFit Games Open performances as well as her Regional performance showed that 2013 might very well be the year of Camille.
2. Samantha Briggs (UK): This firefighter that hales from Manchester, UK, is a force to be reckoned with. She placed first in the majority of the events at the European Regionals and is looking to take home the gold when she travels to Southern California next week.
3. Talayna Fortunato (USA): The South East Regional champ has been training hard this year and blogging about it at tcrossfit.wordpress.com. This former collegiate gymnast heptathlete placed third in last years CrossFit Games and is pushing for the title this year.
4. Elisabeth Akinwale (USA): Akinwale’s strengths lie in just that, her pure strength. This mother of one destroyed the competition at the North Central regionals. Can her brute strength stand up to the other competitors this year? We will soon find out!
5. Lindsey Valenzuela (USA): Hailing from Dogtown CrossFit in Los Angeles, Valenzuela doesn’t have to travel far for her third CrossFit Games. Valenzuela’s strength in Olympic lifting has always put her way ahead of the pack, but in the past couple of years she has fine-tuned the other facets of CrossFit to become a skilled all-around athlete, which was apparent when she won gold at the Southern California Regionals. They don’t make “Lift like Lindsey” t-shirts for nothing!
Tuesday’s All Levels Skill:
Review WOD movements
Workout of the Day (WOD):
‘Football Gone Bad’
3 rounds of 1 minute at each station for max reps of:
-Dumbbell Thrusters (45# for men/25# for women)
-Box Jumps (20”)
-Row for calories
-Rest 1 minute
Score: total number of reps and calories