With the CrossFit Merge Summer Throwdown just one day away, here are some important details:
1. Food – There will be a taco caterer on site grilling up some tasty chow. $8 gets you a plate of Carne Asada (steak), al Pastor (pork), and/or chicken tacos served with rice and beans. Plus, there will be grilled veggies if you’re looking for a vegetarian option.
The caterer will have enough food for just 40 people, so purchase your ‘ticket’ early (CrossFit Merge members can pay with their credit cards on file).
If you are competing on Saturday and want something a little lighter to snack on between workouts, then I recommend bringing some berries, sweet potatoes, or some hard-boiled eggs for good recovery.
2. Parking – We are going to be using the parking lot for the first workout, so please park on the street.
3. Chairs – Feel free to bring a lawn chair or camp stool to take in all the action as your fellow CrossFitters throwdown.
4. Athlete Orientation – Please arrive by 10am on Saturday if you are competing. We will be giving an athlete orientation, brief the timeline of events, issue competitor numbers, and brief the movements and standards for the first workout.
5. Throwdown Essential Gear -Don’t forget your workout gear: long socks for deadlifts, tape or gloves to protect your hands, sunglasses, and your own j-rope if you’ve got one.
6. Be sure to bring your friends and family because you’ll want them to take pictures of you.
Here are the heat assignments for the first workout.
Who’s effing pumped? I know I am.
Max box jumps in 1 minute for 2 sets. Practice on the rebounding at the bottom.
Workout of the Day (WOD):
10 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:
7 goblet squats (70# for men/44# for women)
9 sumo deadlift high pulls
11 kettlebell swings
Red rover, red rover?