CrossFitters are different. We’ve abandoned the tired and typical gym routine of curls, leg extensions, and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, and snatches are now part of our vocabulary. And with this change in training and exercise comes unique gear and apparel for our sport. So here is a tongue in cheek list of CrossFit gear for the true die-hards:
5. Inov-8 shoes. I’m totally addicted to these shoes. And I’m not alone. Check out the photo below. Inov-8 shoes are circled in yellow.
4. Compression Skins clothing. I’m actually not sure what these do, other than make you look like you should be in the movie Tron, but CrossFitters swear by them.
3. Olympic weightlifting shoes. Again, I’m guilty of owning a pair. They do help, that’s why Miranda is sporting her blue shoes below.
2. Board shorts. CrossFit originated in Santa Cruz. So people worked out, then hit the beach, no wardrobe change required. Now, Texas CrossFitters, that live nowhere near water, do WODs in board shorts.
1. Last, the number 1 gear/apparel for the die-hard CrossFitter, the invisible shirt! Lots of CrossFitters just can’t keep the shirt on. See Rich Froning, second place at the 2010 CrossFit Games, strong dude, but doesn’t own a shirt.
Find 1 rep max
Push Press (Elements Class)
Workout of the Day (WOD):
For time, complete 15 – 12 – 9 reps of:
Power cleans (60% of 1 rep max)
15 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:
10 lateral hops
1 arm farmer’s carry 100 feet
Post times and rounds to comments
Urbanie with a PR on her power clean.
Another awesome day at CrossFit Merge in Glendale. See everyone tomorrow.
CrossFit Glendale, California, CrossFit Glendale, CA, CrossFit 818 642 7270, CrossFit Los Feliz, CrossFit Atwater Village, CrossFit Silverlake, CrossFit Eagle Rock, CrossFit Los Angeles, CrossFit Echo Park